My experiences as a young immigrant has greatly shaped my motivation to help other families. While learning a new language and culture and adjusting to my school, teachers and classmates, I also played the role of interpreter in school-home communications and during parent-teacher conferences. I was often overwhelmed in adapting to my new surroundings and at the same time, helping my parents navigate what was a very foreign education system for all of us. My successes and failures as a foreign student and young interpreter led me to consider how individuals, families, and educational systems can work together to minimize gaps in understanding and maximize opportunities for learning and development.
I want to help children and their families and schools bridge whatever gaps that may exist in their understanding of one another. This includes empowering children to be self-advocates, helping parents gain confidence in supporting their children, and supporting teachers in educating their students. Whether children are acting out, anxious, depressed, failing school or not going to school, or dealing with health issues or major life transitions such as moving across the country, their parents’ divorce, the death of a family member etc., my goal is to give families the tools they need through individual therapy, parent coaching or comprehensive evaluations. I approach my work with the understanding that everyone is capable and resilient, that they are truly doing the best they can, and when even that doesn’t feel like enough, I can apply my insight and training to help them get unstuck.
I do evaluations and therapeutic intervention for children, adolescents and young adults struggling with:
- Academic and learning difficulties
- Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Behavioral challenges
- Executive functioning difficulties
- Internalizing challenges (e.g., anxiety, depression, obsessive-compulsive disorders)
- Suicidal Ideation and self-harming behaviors
Insurance: Does not participate with insurances
I have more than 15 years of experience working with students, their families and teachers within a wide range of institutions, from non-profits to university settings, schools, clinics and other private organizations.
- Doctor of Philosophy - University of Washington, 2015
- Educational Specialist - University of Washington, 2012
- Bachelor of Arts, Cognitive Sciences - University of California, Irvine 2008
- Research Assistant, Seattle Children's Research Institute
- Research Assistant, University of Washington
- Educational Psychology intern, Rainier Scholars
- School Psychologist intern, Seattle Public Schools
- American Psychological Association
- National Association of School Psychologists