Candice M. Small, PhD, is a licensed psychologist specializing in providing evidence-based treatments for anxiety, depression, and trauma exposure in children and adolescents. She strives to work collaboratively with caregivers and families to identify strengths and challenges in order to help every child succeed. Dr. Small also specializes in comprehensive therapeutic psychological assessment, including diagnostic assessment for Mood Disorders, Learning Disabilities, Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), and other learning or executive functioning concerns. Dr. Small views psychological assessment as a tool to help families gain a better understanding of an individual’s strengths and challenges, while providing concrete recommendations for supports and accommodations at school and at home.
Dr. Small earned her Doctorate from the University of Washington’s School Psychology program. She completed her APA-accredited pre-doctoral clinical internship at University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, providing community mental health services to children and adolescents. Dr. Small completed her clinical postdoctoral fellowship at Austin Child Guidance Center in Texas, specializing in providing psychological assessment and mental health treatment in a community mental health setting. Dr. Small spent two and half years as a clinical psychologist at the Harborview Foster Care Clinic, providing assessment and treatment for children and families involved in the foster care system. Currently, Dr. Small is an instructor in the School Psychology program at the University of Washington.”
Insurance: Does not participate with insurances
I have more than 8 years of experience working with children, families, and school professionals in both school and clinical settings.
- Doctor of Philosophy - University of Washington, 2018
- Educational Specialist - University of Washington, 2015
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology - University of Washington, 2008
- Clinical Psychologist, Harborview Foster Care Clinic
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Austin Child Guidance Center
- Pre-Doctoral Intern, University of New Mexico, Health Sciences Center
- Research Assistant, Seattle Children's Research Institute
- School Psychology Extern, Beacon Hill Elementary School, Odessa Brown Children’s Clinic
- Research Assistant, University of Washington
- School Psychology Intern, Rainier Scholars
- School Psychologist Intern, Vashon Island School District
- American Psychological Association